Se connecter
Se connecter

ou
Créer un compte

ou

Sujet Synthés dans la variété internationale dans les années 70 et 80.

• 6 189 réponses
  • 102 participants
  • 297 165 vues
  • 161 followers
1 Synthés dans la variété internationale dans les années 70 et 80.
Je fais un honteux copié-collé du post de Renaudg :

Citation de renaudg :
Salut,

Je me suis souvent demandé quels étaient les synthés de prédilection sur un certain nombre de tubes 80s en variété/synthpop internationale qui ont quelques riffs mémorables.

Toutes infos bienvenues :)

Alors on commence par celui-là.
Pro-one pour la basse et le synthé.
Pour le rythme j'entends divers sources : TR-808 + ARP 2600 ou TR-808 + Pro-one

Afficher le premier post
Citation de Coramel :

Spoiler - Cliquer ici pour lire la suite

ouais, 20 minutes d'impro en ré mineur :mrg:
Ça reste une référence pour moi tant ils ont mélangé les genres et continuer à faire des albums toujours différents, même le dernier de quasi reprise et super.

Nous cronstuisons le son mais ce n'est qu'un début:

https://atome69.bandcamp.com/releases

Le 12 juillet prochain, le n°1 de ce classement vient aux Arènes de Nîmes (avec Eagle Eyed Cherry en première partie).

18 mai 1985, U.S. Billboard Hot 100 :

6096167.jpg
Je ne connais pas grand chose de ce classement, et le peu que je connais est loin de ce qui me plaisait à l'époque.

Putain Walter mais qu'est-ce que le Vietnam vient foutre là-dedans ?

Martin Fry, chanteur d'ABC, pour One Two Testing, juin 1985

"Mark and I have a fairly spacious flat, and a lot of our equipment is there, but since we bought the Emulator II, a lot of it has been going out the door, after being sampled. We've also got an Emulator I, Yamaha grand, Clavinet, Prophet, a couple of SH2s, plus Roland TR808 and Oberheim DMX drum machines. We sold the Linn drum last week. We've chewed our way through most of the beat boxes.

"The DMX is the favourite at the moment. It's user friendly, I guess, you can open the back easily, swap chips. It's personal taste. To my ears the DMX sounds more abrasive. We've been working with Keith LeBlanc who made Malcolm X 'No Sell Out', and we've swapped a few chips with him. But we've also been using the Fairlight to sequence bass drum, rim, snare and various percussive things.

"The Emulator II is really fast, and the samples are very high quality — higher than the Fairlight, I think. We used it in a track called 'A To Z', which has a live vocal where I say 'My Name is Martin Fry' and right next to it there's a sampled vocal, 'Who needs the moon when you've got the stars?' and I can't tell the difference. For me, that's ten gold stars."

"There are no strings this time for 155 different reasons — too expensive, and it means you can't go on TV and perform it because the MU thing works against you. But mainly it's not necessary... we use a Solina String Ensemble..."

je laisse les experts identifier les deux synthés dans ce clip de 1982 d'un groupe néo-zélandais inconnu (?) chez nous

XTC pour One Two Testing, novembre 1984

Dave Gregory: "That was the first time we've used an Emulator, for the brass. It was 50% successful: we would have preferred the Brighouse & Rastrick Band. But the track nearly didn't make the album because we didn't think the mix was very good. But I'm glad it did make it because it's a good song, in the tradition of 'Dead End Street' — very Kink-y."

Andy Partridge : "The demo I did on my Portastudio, I couldn't get a brass band into my bedroom, so I did it on kazoos. We couldn't get a brass band in time for the studio recording either, so we did it on Emulator with whatever discs we happened to have — not so much brass band as a mixture of various saxophones and classical horns. Dave really liked the demo's kazoos so we also put double-tracked kazoos on the brass parts."